Islamic Quiz Program at Cary Masjid – September 15, 2018
Thirteenth Annual Children’s Islamic Knowledge Quiz Competition At Cary Masjid
Islamic Association of Cary
(1076 West Chatham Street, Cary, NC 27511)
On Saturday, September 15, 2018, from 10:00 AM
Children eligible to participate
Level 1: Ages 5 to 6; Level 2: Ages 7 to 8
Level 3: Ages 9 to 12; Level 4: Ages 13 to 16
The top three winners will be given Awards
All contestants will receive participation trophies
ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY
For registration and fees, please visit: http://iqraus.org/e/1/quiz
For further details please contact:
Br. Sarfraz Qazi Br. Nadeem Ahmed
(919) 752 0786 (919) 224-9674
Br. Adnan Qureshi Sr. Roohi Chaudhary
(317) 354 9689 (919) 363-3190
RULES & REGULATIONS
Rules and Regulations for Islamic Knowledge Quiz Competition 2018
- A $10 registration fee is needed for each participating child. For online registration and purchasing preparation material, please visit: http://iqraus.org/e/1/quiz. Registration ends on 31-Aug-2018.
- The competition will be held at 10:00 am (sharp) on September 15 2018 at Cary Masjid (1076 West Chatham Street Cary, NC 27511)
- All participants must report to the venue along with a copy of their online their registration form at 9:30 AM. The quiz will start exactly at 10:00 AM
- Children of following ages are eligible to participate:
- Level 1: 5 to 6 years. Oral quiz only
- Level 2: 7 to 8 years. Oral quiz only
- Level 3: 9 to 12 years. Oral and written quiz
- Level 4: 13 to 16 years. Oral and written quiz
On the day of the event, Parents are required to bring a copy of birth certificate (or any other age proof) of their children.
- The competition of Level 1 & 2 will be oral-based the preparation notes (available for purchase when registering online at http://iqraus.org/e/1/quiz). There will be 2 rounds:
- First round: The participants will be asked four questions and the marks will be given on the basis of the CORRECT ANSWER, MEMORIZATION, WAY OF ANSWERING (Bold, Shy, Afraid) and OVERALL APPEARANCE. Seven or eight children will be selected from the first round on the basis of highest marks obtained to go in second round.
- Second round: The participants will be asked four questions again from the same notebook. The marks will be given on the same basis as mentioned above. In addition, they will be asked to recite any KALIMA or small SURAH. The recitation should begin with TAWUZ and BISMILLAH and end with SADAQAL LAHO UL AZEEM. Up to five marks will be given on proper recitation.
- Based on the results of these 2 rounds, First, Second and Third place winners will be chosen.
- The competition of Level 3 & 4 will be held in 2 rounds.
- First round: a Written test based on following books. These books are available for purchase when registering online at http://iqraus.org/e/1/quiz or directly from IQRA Publications’ website:
- Six or seven, participants will be selected on the highest marks obtained in the written test to go in the second round.
- Second round: The participants will be asked four questions from the above books.
- Based on results of these 2 rounds, First, Second and Third place winners will be chosen.
- The prize distribution will be held on the same day after the Quiz Competition.
- Parents are not allowed to disturb the moderator or any judge during the competition. In case of any questions or dispute, they may contact Br. Sarfraz Qazi after the competition is over.
- The Quiz Competition committee has the full rights to select the winners. The decision of the committee will be final and cannot be challenged.